CROCHET and 'stuff' 13/9/20

Back in the mists of time... when the 'Lockdown' concept was something new and... exciting? no, perhaps not quite that! Anyway, back then, I wrote down a list of about eighteen things I wanted to achieve. Some of these remain undone (going through the photo album and blog from my trip to New Zealand and Australia back in 2007 [adamabroad2007.blogspot.com if you are interested], tidying my dining room/craft space, etc) but sewing more clothes was on that list - and I've certainly done more than enough of THAT... ha ha;  learning to crochet was another one and, finally, after a few false starts (mainly to do with finding a good 'teacher' from the myriad YouTube vids out there) that discipline has taken a firm hold - indeed, I can safely say I am totally hooked (pun intended).
Bar the obligatory pot stands, my first proper piece was this triangular shawl:
in a pattern called 'Rustic Windows' (thank you Fiber Spider on YouTube!). It got a bit out-of-control size-wise, so is very wide indeed - but all the better to wrap round the neck in cold weather! Next, I tried my hand at the very appropriately-named 'Virus' shawl - a pattern to be found all over the internet, but picked up via the good offices of Mr Fiber Spider again.
It's not an especially quick sport, but then I am not in a hurry: I have no deadlines to meet, no craft fairs to work towards, but it keeps my hands busy - and my mind, to a degree. I love watching the crocheting (crotcheting?!) videos and seeing if I can read the pattern diagrams. One can of course rewind endlessly with YouTube, but generally I prefer to have the printed-out pattern in front of me!  

Briefly - and changing the subject - I have transformed one of my guest bedrooms into a sort of snug-cum-study. I've repainted the walls a mid-to-dark blue from Farrow & Ball called Inchyra Blue. It's a fabulous colour and I like how it darkens the room. I think it will indeed be quite a snug place to sit - typing, as I am at present, or crotcheting, as I will no doubt be later.
Also, perhaps selfishly, I can play my music as loud as I like as there is no party wall. Currently the finale of Joseph Jongen's wonderful Symphonie Concertante for organ and orchestra is blasting out of the speakers.....

Comments

sarah dare said…
Wonderful work. Invest in a comfortable chair!

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE WAY TO A NEW 'ME' 02/10/20

MORE BANYANICALS 03/9/20

"THERE'S A BODY IN THE HALL" 27/10/20