MORE BANYANICALS 03/9/20

For the spoken blog, click right  HERE

I've been on a bit of a 'high' all this week as, finally, the really very lovely silk brocade I have chosen (well, I think it's silk weft on a cotton warp, but who's fussing?) arrived, all the way from China.
 
It's a rather narrow fabric, at 72cms (much as it would have been in the C18th) so there's quite a lot of it. The absolutely fabulous lining material came last week; that's hand-printed cotton chintz, all the way from India and has a very C18th look to it. Being given the 'Benny' seal of approval: 
I think I may have to do what my dear mama used to do and that is dip the lining fabric in dilute tea, just to knock back the whiteness. I think an experiment is called for...
This is another 'time of plague' project, so there's no rush to get it done. To begin with Martin, who runs the local fabric shop and lets me use his cutting table, is away on holiday and then, well, you know, I have t i m e...  there is N O   H U R R Y !! 
The more I contemplate it, the more I think I may well decide to hand-sew this Banyan; a major job, yes (esp. if I decide to lightly quilt the lining to another fabric first) but ultimately very satisfying. Watch this space... lol

Comments

sarah dare said…
Beautiful fabric and has Benny approval

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE WAY TO A NEW 'ME' 02/10/20

"THERE'S A BODY IN THE HALL" 27/10/20