PROGRESS! 25/10/20

If you would prefer to listen to the audion version of my scribblings, please click  HERE

There's been a temporary side-track while I make myself a couple of pairs of boxer shorts, as yer do, but now I'm back on track: the body form has been started!
Initially quite straight-forward - centre-back-left to side-back-left, centre-front-left to side-front-left and so-on, 
but the sleeve hole covers were really complex and made me realize why I don't like doing set-in sleeves. The neck cover wasn't much better. 
I've actually been really enjoying the process - it's been stretching my sewing skills... The next step will be to stuff and finish - but that's for another day.
And then... on to thge banyan!!
I've been watching way too much YouTube recently, what I term the Orientals:
Polin Lifestyle  (to name a few)

There's a certain peace and quiet which pervades their videos, as they get on with their daily lives; a certain 'ASMR' quality... (What the heck does ASMR stand for??!)

Back in 2005, to celebrate my 50th birthday, I took myself off to Madagascar - a beautiful country and worthy of an episode of its own. In preparation, I bought myself a Sony Network Walkman - tiny little thing the size of a matchbox that holds over 40 cds
and boy, there's some that I'd completely forgotten I had. It lives in a spectacle case and has a tendency to go hideaways, but I'm delighted to have re-found it recently. Diabate and Sissiko are currently featured... A few years ago I tried to play the kora, but it's WAY too difficult for my poor old hands!
And with that...  I'll sign off :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE WAY TO A NEW 'ME' 02/10/20

MORE BANYANICALS 03/9/20

"THERE'S A BODY IN THE HALL" 27/10/20