BANYANICAL MUSINGS posted 19/8/20

To hear the spoken version of this post, click  HERE

My most prominent line of thought at the moment is what will my next project be?
Having already made four pairs of trousers (three of them historically inspired), four shirts - two of which were totally hand sewn - and a rain jacket (note to self: I do NOT like working with nylon fabric!!), where next?
Having been watching far too many 'YouTubes' this last few months, many of them to do with sewing period dress, I have elected to go for a man's banyan - a form of dressing gown, or house coat for the uninitiated. The internet led me to a  wonderful site by a lady calling herself Mlle Canadienne *  and indeed it was her fine blog that got me started on this one so, thank mademoiselle 😀
I am at the awkward stage of trying to source the right fabric now- silk brocade would be nice... but beyond my means! But thank goodness for the internet - and Etsy 😉
More to follow...
*  http://mllecanadienne.blogspot.com/2018/12/man-dressing-gown-out-of-1725-boat.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE WAY TO A NEW 'ME' 02/10/20

MORE BANYANICALS 03/9/20

"THERE'S A BODY IN THE HALL" 27/10/20