AN EXPERIMENTAL UPDATE - 03/9/20

To listen to the spoken version of this, please click  HERE

Well now, an update is in order, which I am trying to do from my phone, as that's where all my photos reside! I even have a bluetooth keyboard, which seems to work quite well...  so here goes...
At LONG last, I have finished my handsewn linen shirt, which I started back in the misty days of Lockdown. It's a very fine navy with a narrow white stripe and was lovely to work with; the dark blue piping is another linen, which I made into piping, with a fine piece of elastic inside to give it substance (elastic, simply because it was there). It's always a bit of a lottery whether a fabric will be nice to sew by hand, but this was delicious...
It pairs rather nicely with my denim, 'broadfall' trousers, based on an 1890s pattern. There is another pair in the offing, with a slightly different cut but, for technical reasons, I have to hand-sew the button-holes - and I hate buttonholes!
Finally, for this post at least, I am inordinately proud of this orchid which, on a second flowering, has this crazy mass of stems with twelve blooms and another twelve buds waiting in the wings. Considering how haphazardly I treat them, I seem to do pretty well with my orchids!
Thanks to You Tube's suggestions, I came across this wonderful piece, which is quietly (??) thundering away in the background:  Widor Symphonie Antique This sort of overblown stuff is very 'me' I'm afraid! Hate to think what my neighbours make of it... ha ha
Oh - and the little keyboard seems to work quite well :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE WAY TO A NEW 'ME' 02/10/20

MORE BANYANICALS 03/9/20

"THERE'S A BODY IN THE HALL" 27/10/20