EIN PAUSE... 07/10/20

The spoken version of this post can be accessed right  HERE

My box of 'stuffing' - aka animal bedding - has arrived and currently resides in the middle of my hall as a) it's a hefty box to move and b) I don't anticipate any visitors...
My first task was to stuff a tailors' pressing pad - for all those curved seams I don't use much... Rather surprisingly this took me well over a half hour. In fact the pad will be very useful when pressing round shoulders and neck seams.
The bedding material is indeed small bits of tissue and, as such, packs down quite hard, which is what I want in an ironing pad. I also want the mannequin to be quite solid - definitely not the squidgy one would get from polyester fibre...
Anyway, I have made a list of things that need doing before I can allow myself the luxury of more sewing and it includes boring things like finishing off previous projects, tidying up the dining room/craft table, etc. So 'twill be a while before I have much else to post as I'm a very slow tidyupper...! And of course, there really is   all     the       time     in      the       world... . . .  .  .  .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE WAY TO A NEW 'ME' 02/10/20

MORE BANYANICALS 03/9/20

"THERE'S A BODY IN THE HALL" 27/10/20