A QUICK UPDATE - ******

For some reason, I did not post this back in May... so here it is, 'better late than never' !!

To bring you up-to-date on a few things:

THE BANYAN progresses, albeit slowly.  There's an awful lot of just plain old sewing of long, straight seams.  Perfectly enjoyable, but not really 'newsworthy!


The second photo shows the neck of the lining being re-inforced, prior to stitching it into the outer layer. Exciting stuff... but I have a few more straight seams to sew before I can move on to that...

Then I have been developing my latest crochet pattern, called Treble Triangles, which is now slowly taking shape as a wrap...

Oh... and on top on all that... I have just taken up the tenor Viola da gamba! When I left school, forty-five-odd years ago, it had been my intention to learn the gamba as my second study when I went to college to study singing.  Of course life is never quite that straightforward and I ended up at Guildhall - where second study was, automatically, piano :-(

Anyway, I am very lucky to have found an excellent teacher over in Leominster.  I'm hugely enjoying it, although very much at the scritchy-scratchy stage of learning any bowed instrument. At least viols have frets (like guitars) which definitely helps with intonation!

NOW all I have to do is get my head round the alto clef and the slightly idiosyncratic tuning...

On a final note, I have been informed by Blogger (who host these pages) that the notification by email feature is being discontinued...  So, if you have subscribed for receiving an email when I (erratically) post a new blog, then I am afraid that's not going to happen after July 2021.  They don't seem to be offering a replacement at the moment, but I shall do some investigations in due course...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE WAY TO A NEW 'ME' 02/10/20

MORE BANYANICALS 03/9/20

"THERE'S A BODY IN THE HALL" 27/10/20